Saturday, December 02, 2006

Update on the Big Man

Thankfully Carson is feeling much better. We are now thinking that his lovely vomiting was caused by an adverse reaction to the Tylenol with Codeine. No one else in the house has any GI symptoms and Carson only threw up in a limited time frame (although it was in mass amounts!). I guess I should be knocking on wood that we all don't come down with some terrible gastrointestinal bug that makes everyone miserable. knock, knock, knock.

Yesterday Carson was designated my 'helper boy' and he stayed with me while my parents took Eli home with them. We had a wonderful day full of reading favorite books, talking about school and life and three year old things, napping together, and even some much needed TLC mommy-Carson time. He was better behaved yesterday than any day in the past six months. Awww...it was just one of those days that reminds you why we as parents get up at 3, 4, and 5 in the morning without hesitation and don't complain (much) when being vomited or pooped on for years. His fever finally broke but he still said both ears hurt so we cuddled on a pillow with the heating pad some more! How could I pass up a chance to get my ADHD child that doesn't like to sit still to lay and cuddle and talk with Mommy?? Throughout my surgery, recovery, and his illness, that smile and those 'squeeze your guts out hugs' can relieve pain better than any perscription. I love my boys!

No comments: