Sunday, May 03, 2009

Mr. Sick


Healthy and playing "Surgery with Construction hats" on Saturday night


Carson woke up sick this morning. Wheezing, barking cough, fever of 102.7, and feeling just plain crappy. I was at work when I received a call from Al around 9. Al never calls me at work. I think this may have been the second time. He said he was bringing C-man to the emergency room at my work and dropping off Elias at my parents. He put Carson on the phone so I could hear him breathe and ask him a few questions. Man did he ever sound bad. Thankfully I was able to take a few minutes off the floor (thank so much Anne!) and meet them downstairs.



They diagnosed him with croup and an asthma exacerbation. His history of asthma and tracheal stenosis in addition to countless ED visits and treatment lead them to this. After filling him up with dexamethasone and sending us home to watch for worsening symptoms, we grabbed a juice from the cafeteria and I kissed Carson and Al goodbye. It was so hard to be stuck at work while my oldest babe was in respiratory distress with a fever. I ran out of work as fast as I could and arrived home in record time for snuggles and hugs.

Sleeping with Daddy


*****UPDATE 5-4-09:*****

Today Carson missed school. His fever is bouncing between 101 and 103 with Tylenol. He has been laying around the whole day. Carson does.not.do.that! We are heading to the pediatrician tomorrow at 2:10 and hopefully they will have good news. Right now he is curled up on my lap with his head resting on my shoulder and legs dangling off towards the floor. Send get better vibes to my big guy. He certainly needs them.

Sick Baby


One of Elias for good measure

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Wow Kellie..I am so sorry he's so sick! I hope he gets better soon. Poor little dude!