Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmasy

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I'm a wrapper complete with ribbon, bows, silver, and gold.

2.Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial trees for this family only due to the rugrats and their asthma and me not loving pine needles all over the floor.

3.When do you put up the tree?
Within three days after Thanksgiving. Al and the boys surprised me this year and decorated the entire house on Sunday while I was at work. It is gorgeous!

4.When do you take the tree down?
After Christmas and hopefully before New Years. Depends on my energy level.

5.Do you like eggnog?
I love eggnog and so do the boys. Al could care less about the delectable drink.

6.Favorite gift received as a child?
Santa wrapped the garage door and left a giant trampoline in our garage and my little sister and I jumped on it all day long in the garage! That tramp was used until the springs fell off in warm weather and cold.

7.Hardest person to buy for?
The boys because I want to get them so many wonderful things but also only want to buy them things they will truly enjoy.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Al. Pretty much anything makes him happy as long as you stick to his main brands.

9.Do you have a nativity scene?
Sure do. My aunt bought it for me and now the boys help me put it up every year. It is a Precious Moments nativity scene.

10.Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail them and then use the digital image of my creation as my e-mail signature for the Christmas season.

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A barbie doll when I was 14 years old. I always hated Barbies anyways but come on, 14 years old?

12.Favorite Christmas Movie?
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

13.When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I find some little things throughout the year that are sentimental items or really good deals then do the bulk of my shopping in December.

14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
White Elephant party gifts have certainly circulated throughout the years.

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Our traditional cinnamon rolls for breakfast and my mom's famous cheeseball.

16.Lights on the tree?
We have all white this year.

17.Favorite Christmas song?
Jingle Bells, Rudolph, I like them all

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Usually stay at home but if work gives us the opportunity we head down to Tennessee.

19.Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
Of course, when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I need to touch up on that trivia for the boys.

20.Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angels definitely.

21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One gift on Christmas Eve which is always new jammies for everyone. Then you wear them to bed and wake up Christmas morning to open up everything.

22.Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The crazy busyness of it all.

23.Favorite ornament theme or color?
My favorite ornament is the Christmas spider. The story is beautiful and although spiders give me the creepy crawlies this ornament holds special value to me. (I'll post the story in a few days)

24.Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham with all the trimmings.

25.What do you want for Christmas this year? Healthy kids, happy family, friends to share memories with, oh.... and a pair of Danskos for work would be nice too.

No comments: