Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cloudy with a chance of sharing?

Tonight the boys decided we would have movie night.  I was cooking a feast for dinner and so we finished up at the grocery store and then headed over to the movie rental place.  After much debate they convinced me to rent Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and G-Force.  I picked up The Hurt Locker for our adult movie.  We arrived home and once Al made his appearance, stuffed ourselves on pulled BBQ chicken, homemade four cheese mac and cheese, honey baked beans, potato salad, and slaw.  Yummy!  The boys couldn't wait to have their special movie night and they begged to have a private showing in their room.


Usually this would be a bad idea and lead to someone getting pushed, punched, or hit with a pillow but I was feeling nice.  I set up the portable DVD player in their room and they spread out across Carson's bed with their snacks and blankets to watch the movie.  The lights were turned out and laughter was heard on and off for two glorious hours.  There was no pillow fighting.  No hitting.  No kicking.  No teasing.  I think G-Force puts a spell and children (at least ours!).  Tomorrow we will see if meatballs have the same effect.  It was great to see Carson and Eli enjoying time together and getting to feel a bit grown up.  I know I say this every year but it's so rewarding to see the brotherly love and companionship develop.  Here's to many more nights of bonding to come!


No comments: