Monday, August 04, 2008

Thank You Godiva

Today was my day off. I wanted a quiet, relaxing, fun-filled day with my three boys. Sometimes we don't get what we want.

The morning started out with Carson and Elias waking up wired. If I hadn't known any better I would have sworn they had stolen some of Al and my Starbucks Espresso Roast. During one of their more than rambuncious wrestling matching in the family room, Elias accidentally nailed his teeth into the top of Carson's head. This in turn knocked his left front and side tooth loose producing lots of blood. Carson also started screaming like he was dying even though there was hardly a bump on his head. Elias sat there, looked at me, and said, "Mommy, there is blood on my face. Can you get a towel?". I guess not feeling pain normally has it's moments.

Off we go to the dentist to be told that there is nothing they can do since they are baby teeth. We are to watch them for abscesses and drainage around the gum line and bring him back in if either occur. The teeth might loose color and die if there was nerve damage but since they are baby teeth they won't do anything to save them. Eli's mouth is a bit swollen and bruised but he's happy about the soft diet for a few days.

The boys continued to be wild and crazy (as most 3 and 5 year old boys are) so we tried to distract them with a trip to the store to pick up craft supplies for later. They found many treasures and I can't wait to start creating with them. Pictures of their masterpieces will follow in the coming weeks....

Al left for school around 5 and I swear that demons possessed my children. I could not get them to sit still or listen for anything. Playing outside didn't wear them out. Distractions weren't working. Time outs were laughable. It was "penis head" this and "booger butt" that, followed by boat loads of unstoppable laughter and running in circles. I was at my wits end when The Tigger Movie and some snacks finally saved the day.




Once the munchkins were f-i-n-a-l-l-y worn out, exhausted, droopy eyed, and in jammies, I tucked them in and kissed them goodnight. Then my defeated mommy self walked downstairs and cracked open my savior -- a brand new clearance box of Godiva truffles. I needed a perfect treat to end an imperfect day. And what a treat it was. Thankfully I only ate one truffle and carted the remaining 35 decadent pieces off to work in the morning so 18 nurses could divulge in Godiva calories with me. :)


1 comment:

Amy R. said...

Ok, Maybe I dont want boys and I am thankful everyday for my girls .. . I do however want your husband!!! Do you rent him out?? :)