Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Slice and Dice

Tomorrow morning I have to be at the hospital at 7:15. Bright and early. I only wish I could grab a nice raspberry white chocolate mocha from Starbucks on my way :) Too bad for that pesky NPO thing! Working five 12 hour shifts in the past six days definately helped keep me busy and keep my mind off of this surgery. I got to love on the babies at work and help nurse them into health. Seeing the care and concern my co-workers and families from work have for me was really touching. I will miss them all so much! I hope my recovery goes smoothly and I can be back to work in the NICU as soon as physically possible. But I am NERVOUS. N.E.R.V.O.U.S.

I remember all too well the recovery from this surgery. It was not fun then and they didn't even cut through muscle. This time they are cutting all of my muscle and the tumor OUT. Plus that pesky little "C" word won't stop lurking in the back of my mind. Al is going to want to strangle me (along with my nurses at the hospital I'm sure) until the pathology report is back post-op. Waiting for medical results is not something I'm good at. Neither is not knowing all of the exact details of an operation or outcome. Unfortunately I have to do all three in this situation. Life and God are teaching me through this trial and I am sure one day I will look back and be able to use these feelings in my work or life to help others. At least I hope so.

I most likely won't have an update until I am home from the hospital in 2-3 days because I don't think they have added wireless internet access there yet. My darling boys already have plans to make me "beautiful pictures" at school tomorrow and then bring them to the hospital to "make mommy's surgery boo-boos feel all better". God, where would I be without those two bright lights? Al is being great and holding me together and keeping up the all the boys' stuff. He is going to be one busy man in the coming weeks when I'm out of service. Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes. They all mean so much. Give all of your kiddos hugs and kisses and I'll update once I have news and am home from the hospital.

7 comments:

Misty said...

Good luck Kellie! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow..Misty

Amanda said...

Good luck! Just wanted to check in and let you know I am thinking of you and praying for you!

baby james said...

Best of luck! I hope all goes well and wich you a healthy, speedy recovery. With no "C" word. Thinking of you, Tracy

tiffany said...

I am thinking of you and all of us on the Preemie Toddler board are praying for you! Tiffany

Shana said...

Prayers being said for you and a quick recovery.

Jennifer said...

Hi Kellie,

I'm praying for you! I hope that everything goes smoothly and better than expected!

I hope the boys make mommy's boo boo's all better quick :)

abby said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers, Kellie!