Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Meme

I picked this up from Laura over at Adventures in Juggling. Work has been crazy lately along with the usual hustle and bustle of the Christmas season and blogging has not been on the top of my To Do list. This meme looked like fun and I hope some of you will do it too so I can learn more about your holiday fun. I need a bit of cheer right about now ;)

Favorite traditional Christmas song: "Silent Night"

Favorite contemporary or modern Christmas song: "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"

Least favorite Christmas song: I like them all....gotta love wrapping gifts and listening to Christmas music!

Christmas song that makes you cry: None make me cry but "Away in a Manger" is sentimental.

Real or artificial tree: Artificial. The boys had fun this year finding the right colored branches to put into the base. Educational and not messy ;)

Favorite Christmas edible treat: All of them! We have had so many baked goods and treats and fudge brought into work and put in the break room that I can't decide which thing to shove in my mouth in that rare 5 minutes I get to myself during a 12 hour shift!

White lights or multi-colored: Multicolored.

How many Christmas parties will you go to this year: Probably no parties, just family get-togethers.

Favorite act of kindness to perform during this season: Giving to charity, helping families get to do "1st things" with their babies in the hospital, teaching my kiddos that giving is so very important.

Favorite sounds of Christmas: Snow falling on a quiet night, the tea kettle singing, the oven buzzing when the cookies are done, Christmas music, the sounds of my boys excitingly opening their presents.

Favorite things to wear: Warm sweaters, cozy slippers, and the arms of those I love.

Favorite Christmas movie/TV special: Rudolph.

Favorite Christmas episode of a TV Series. Ummm......do I have time for tv right now?

Eggnog or hot chocolate: Eggnog, definitely.

Favorite Christmas book: Polar Express.

Christmas books on my “to read” list: Any suggestions?

Peppermint or cinnamon: Peppermint

What’s on the top of your tree: An angel.

Traditional Christmas meal growing up: Ham, my grandma's baked macaroni, cheeseball, veggies, corn pudding, beans, and a variety of yummy desserts.

Online shopping or traditional “go to the store” shopping: Both...

Something you received as a Christmas gift as a child that you still have: A beautiful painting from my late Grandpa Bob.

How many Christmas cards you have mailed so far: None (I'm hoping for New Year's Cards)

Favorite source for Christmas ideas: Listening to people throughout the year when they don't think that I could possibly be thinking of Christmas ideas....very sneaky.

Coordinated/themed or hodge-podge tree decorations: very hodge podge and sentimental. I love each and every ornament on our tree and value it endlessly.

What’s on the top of YOUR Christmas wish list: For my abdominal wall mass to not be cancer and my surgery to go smoothly so I can get back to work and my family ASAP.

Roles you’ve played in Christmas plays/programs: I can't recall but I'm sure I wasn't singing!!

Wrapping paper or gift bags: Wrapping paper....I love it!

When do you put up the tree: The week after Turkey Day.

When do you take the tree down: The week after Christmas.

Do you have a nativity scene: Yes, a precious moments one my Aunt Ty gave me.

Hardest person to buy for: My husband.

Easiest person to buy for: The boys.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received: Some of the White Elephant gifts that I've received over the years....all in good fun though.

When do you start shopping for Christmas: Depends on the year.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present: The boxes yes.

Travel at Christmas or stay home: Travel if we can make it to TN but not this year.

Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer: Dasher and Dancer, Comet and Vixen, Comet and Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. And I do recall the most famous reindeer of all….Rudolph! (okay, I stole this from you Laura!)

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning: One present Christmas Eve at my parent's house and then everything else Christmas morning.

Most annoying thing about this time of year: People becoming rude and disrespectful.


What I love most about Christmas: That wonderful twinkle in young children's eyes when they think about Christmas and "baby Jesus" (as Eli and Carson say). It is all just so pure and innocent and exciting to them. I wish that wonderment never wore off.

Leave a comment if you play along so I can check out your answers.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I did your Meme!