Saturday, February 17, 2007

I love these boys!

This week has been fun with the boys. Carson behaved really well from Wednesday through today and has been a joy to be around. We have read books, done crafts, and played trains/trucks all day long. He just came over to me, hugged me, and said, "Mom, you are just a beautiful mommy!". How can you not love that? Eli on the other hand has been a fussy pants all week. We finally broke down and took him to the germ infested ped this morning to get checked out. Diagnosis: sinus infection. Lovely. Another round of antibiotics....this time Augmenten. His g-tube site is also looking icky still after his antibiotic round a month ago so hopefully this new round will help clear it up for good. We go to his surgeon for a post-op appt on Thursday so he will have a g-tube recheck then.

Valentine's Day went smoothly and we have spent the last few days going over and over all of the various cards Carson received from his friends at school HUNDREDS of times. This little guy just loves his valentines. Too cute. Carson then hides his valentine bag from Eli so the equally curious valentine lover doesn't tear them all to shreds!

Carson helped me bake a cake last night. He loves to pull his stool up to the counter and assist me in measuring out ingredients and pouring them into different bowls and pans while I cook. Carson has christened himself my "Big Boy Helper". Last night we made a Funfetti cake and I was feeling adventurous. It was the very first time I let him crack the eggs by himself!! He did such a great job and the smile on his face was priceless. Oh how I wish Al hadn't been busy putting Eli to bed so he could have caught the fun on video or at least camera. The cake turned out beautifully and Carson of course sunk downstairs this morning for a secret taste around 5am. He came and woke me up about 5:30am with icing all over his face accompanied with a huge grin suited for the most mischievous boy ever. I couldn't help but smile. Don't worry...Eli got a few sneak bites of icing this morning in between his apple and cereal too!

As you can see, this week has been fun and my boys are amazing (what, you expected less??). I can't wait to see what the future has in store for the four of us. More smiles, hugs, and kisses I'm sure (with lots of cake for good measure).


3 comments:

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

I'm so glad that the week has gotten so much better! Of course that's no surprise with your beautiful sons! They love you SO much. Remember that when you encounter those rough times. You are an awesome mom Kellie!

I hope Eli feels better real soon!

Jennifer said...

You have beautiful boys Kellie. Never doubt that they are as precious as they are because you are their mom! :)

Have a great rest of the week!

Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

Kellie-

You have been in my thoughts lately. Sending a hug from CT.

M